Friday 6 August 2010

Ju and Rosa on the road again

The holidays are coming thick and fast and I'm off to Sri Lanka to meet me old pal Juliette for a week. We decided that we should try and meet somewhere that was geographically in the middle between the UK and Singapore. After some inspection of the atlas, it turns out that that's Afghanistan. Not fancying anywhere on the axis of evil at this time of year, we've plumped for Sri Lanka instead!

I am currently mid-way through my journey on a 6 hour stop-over in Kuala Lumpur airport, Malaysia. I feel that immigration standards are slipping as there was not even a small pretence at getting anyone to fill in a card on arrival! I am currently sitting in something called the Plaza Premium lounge, where for a small fee you can put your luggage where someone won't run off with it, use the internet and eat as much over-cooked rice as you can manage. All in a room the size of a broom cupboard! We are promised a much bigger area once we have gone through immigration and can even enviously watch people through the window moving around in their large space not knowing what to do with themselves in all their acres. It's a heady thought and one that's going to keep me going through the night...

1 comment:

  1. Have returned to your blog after ages and have really enjoyed your adventures vicariously and have deeply appreciated your sense of humor. Missed you guys when I was in the UK recently! Please convey my love to the lovely Margaret!

    ReplyDelete