Wednesday 24 February 2010

Sisters are doing it for themselves

I recently had the great honour of being asked to be a bridesmaid or 'sister' to one of my friends here in Singapore. Whilst a lot of the wedding ceremony was similar to that in the UK there were a few differences. The Sisters arrive early (7.30am!) at the bride's house ready to put the groom through various trials before he is allowed into the house to collect his prize. This poor lad had to brush his teeth with wasabi toothpaste and have his legs waxed amongst other things! The evening do consisted of a 10 course dinner with the bride and groom changing their outfits 3 times during the night and each time re-entering along a raised catwalk. There were speeches, songs and even a few brave folk performing Bollywood dancing ;) I've never been to the Oscars but I think that now I could guess what it must feel like!

No comments:

Post a Comment